How to make falafel - 3 different Arabic recipes
Arab falafel is one of the popular oriental foods, and it is eaten by many people in most Arab countries. Syrian falafel is distinguished by its wonderful taste and flavor.
Syrian falafel consists of chickpeas or ground beans, and various spices are added to it. Below we review the way the Syrian chickpea falafel works, the Palestinian chickpea falafel method, and the Egyptian falafel method.
How to make Syrian chickpea falafel
- 1 kilo of soaked chickpeas
- Bunch of fresh parsley
- 4 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- Tablespoon of table salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- One tablespoon of baking soda
- Amount of vegetable oil for frying
How to prepare:
- Put the chickpeas and parsley in the electric mixer, and mix until we get a smooth paste.
- Put the ground chickpeas in a bowl, add coriander, salt, cumin, garlic, and baking soda.
- Mix the mixture until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- The falafel is formed into balls of equal size and put on the fire inside a frying pan with hot oil until you get a golden color.
- Placed on a serving plate, and served blissful and healing.
How to make Egyptian falafel
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley
- 2 and a half cups of peeled beans
- ¼ cup of green coriander
- ¼ cup of dill
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry coriander
- medium-sized onion, chopped
- A quarter of a teaspoon of stimulant
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- a tablespoon of water
- Half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- A quarter of a spoonful of spices
- pinch of salt
- Amount of oil for frying
- Half a cup of shallots
- Sesame for decoration
How to prepare:
- The beans are washed well with water, making sure that they are free of gravel, and then soaked in warm water for 8 hours.
- Mix the vegetables well with the beans, then chop the mixture in the chopper until we get a smooth mixture.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the water, then add it to the mixture with the addition of spices, and knead well.
- The falafel is formed into small balls, decorated with sesame, and then placed over medium heat in a hot oil pan for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Placed in a serving dish, and bliss and healing.
How to make Palestinian chickpea falafel
- 2 kilos of soaked chickpeas
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 500 gm chopped onion
- 2 bundles chopped parsley
- Half of a green chili
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Half a teaspoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons falafel seasoning
- Table salt to taste
- One-fourth teaspoon of baking powder
- One-fourth teaspoon of sodium carbonate
- vegetable oil for frying
How to prepare:
- Put the chickpeas in the electric mixer, mix well, then put in a bowl.
- To the chopped chickpeas, add mint, onions, parsley, garlic, salt, falafel spice, hot pepper, cumin, and baking powder.
- Mix the mixture well until you get a smooth and cohesive mixture.
- Put the falafel mixture in a nylon bag, then place it in the refrigerator, and leave for an hour.
- Take the falafel dough out of the refrigerator, put it in a bowl, then add the sodium carbonate to it, and mix well.
- Form the falafel dough into balls, put in the hot oil, and stir until golden brown.
- Put the falafel on the serving plate.
- Served with tomato slices and bread, blissful and healing.